Thread poster: Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski
Piotr Bienkowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 19:40
English to Polish
+ ...
Dec 30, 2015

* Android string resources (basically xml files)

* mxliff files from Memsource (basically xliff inside, but with a wacky inline tag format) - now can be opened if renamed to xlf but not displayed correctly, specifically the tags.

Regards,

Piotr

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 20:40
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
I think… Dec 30, 2015

… that merely listing the desired file types is not enough. If you provide a link to the respective specifications, the developer will appreciate it and will sooner implement respective import filters.

Piotr Bienkowski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Good idea... Dec 30, 2015

esperantisto wrote:

… that merely listing the desired file types is not enough. If you provide a link to the respective specifications, the developer will appreciate it and will sooner implement respective import filters.

...for the time when I have less work to do.

Piotr

2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Why not send them to Support? Dec 31, 2015

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

* mxliff files from Memsource (basically xliff inside, but with a wacky inline tag format) - now can be opened if renamed to xlf but not displayed correctly, specifically the tags.

Why not send these files to Support? Many other XLIFF flavours are supported too.

2nl (X)
Netherlands
Some Help Dec 31, 2015

Here's some Help (I hope):

http://cafetran.wikidot.com/memsource

Piotr Bienkowski
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
This I already know Jan 1, 2016

2nl wrote:

Here's some Help (I hope):

http://cafetran.wikidot.com/memsource

The XLIFF format is great, but it appears that (almost) everybody grabs it and puts it own extensions on top of it, making their flavors mutually incompatible.

I guess CT supports standard XLIFF, and the idea of being able to edit xlf, sdlxliff and mqxliff files directly is great, but in the case of sdlxliff (the only case I tested) you should be careful not to add alternative translations. This adds alt-trans elements to the sdlxliff file and Studio throws an error. Fortunately it allowed me to convert the sdlxliff to original format anyway.

PIotr

2nl (X)
Netherlands
Thanks for the warning Jan 1, 2016

Piotr Bienkowski wrote:

in the case of sdlxliff (the only case I tested) you should be careful not to add alternative translations. This adds alt-trans elements to the sdlxliff file and Studio throws an error. Fortunately it allowed me to convert the sdlxliff to original format anyway.

I never add any alternative translations to my TM, but nevertheless: thanks for the warning. I'll add it to the wiki.

Perhaps Igor should disable these alternative translations in third-party XLIFFs?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Some file types not supported, but would be nice to have them

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »