Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:24
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Oct 23, 2015

Hi,

I wish to let you know about the new CafeTran update which brings a big time saver called the match bar.

The update includes the following changes:

1. The match bar.
2. Reversed suggestion of fragments/terms in the target segment pane - press Shift key twice and the first letter of the source term in the target segment pane.
3. Transfer current tag (Alt+9 shortcut) work on a selection the same way as mouse tag placement.
4. Hide match
... See more
Hi,

I wish to let you know about the new CafeTran update which brings a big time saver called the match bar.

The update includes the following changes:

1. The match bar.
2. Reversed suggestion of fragments/terms in the target segment pane - press Shift key twice and the first letter of the source term in the target segment pane.
3. Transfer current tag (Alt+9 shortcut) work on a selection the same way as mouse tag placement.
4. Hide match colors in the source segment - a new option in Appearance > View > Colors menu.
5. Suppressing soft hyphens tags when importing MS Word documents.
6. Automatic creations of alternative translations during the bilingual import of the reviewed documents to compare the reviewed version and the original version of the segment and to filter out the reviewed changes.
7. Minor interface changes to enable more intuitive location of the most frequently used buttons/actions both for new users and touch screen users.
8. The mouse selection is displayed both in the source and target segment at the same time when you wish to add a selected term pair to the glossary or memory.

Especially, I hope you will find the match bar a unique and innovative concept which should speed up significantly the selection of matched terms and fragments. Comments are welcomed!

Thanks and enjoy!
Igor

[Edited at 2015-10-23 08:50 GMT]
Collapse

..... (X)
..... (X)
Local time: 19:24
Match Bar Screenshots Oct 23, 2015

Hi Igor,

The match bar sounds very interesting...do you have any screenshots you can share?

Kevin

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 12:24
Finnish to French
Video Oct 23, 2015

Kevin Dias wrote:
The match bar sounds very interesting...do you have any screenshots you can share?

... or even better, a video showing how this thing works in practice!

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 17:24
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Screenshot Oct 23, 2015

I just downloaded the update, and I don't know if I understand the new feature correctly, but here's a screenshot:

Click the box to which the arrow points, and you'll see hits (both source and target language, but the lot didn't fit into the screenshot...).

Cheers,

Hans

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 10:24
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
(Very bad) screencast showing how CafeTran's new Match bar works Oct 23, 2015

Dominique Pivard wrote:

Kevin Dias wrote:

... or even better, a video showing how this thing works in practice!

No time for a real one, but here is a ‘(Very bad) screencast showing how CafeTran's new Match bar works’

I'll make a better one (with sound) when I have time, and which shows the even more interesting new feature:

2015-10-22 #2. Reversed suggestion of fragments/terms in the target segment pane – triggered by pressing Shift key twice and the first letter of the source term in the target segment pane. (src: http://cafetran.wikidot.com/changelog )

[Edited at 2015-10-23 20:13 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran Espresso 2015 Update 8 - Introducing the Match Bar

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »