Thread poster: Urs Wolffers
Urs Wolffers
Urs Wolffers  Identity Verified
Switzerland
Local time: 13:31
English to German
+ ...
Jun 24, 2015

Dear colleagues As we say in German the client is king. And the king e.g. asks you to do a translation in Memoq. But if the source text is an OCR Memoq sees an awful lot of useless tags and refuses the import. Cafetran has a much better import filter, but nevertheless the king requests a Memoq translation. Is it possible to export the whole source text (with less tags as I said) immediately again in order to try another Memoq import? Thanks a lot Urs

esperantisto
esperantisto  Identity Verified
Local time: 15:31
Member (2006)
English to Russian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Not exactly an answer, but… Jun 24, 2015

…try CodeZapper to reduce tags. Provided, of course, that your file is a Word document.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 13:31
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Transfer source to target Jun 24, 2015

Hello Urs,

1. Load the source document in CafeTran.
2. Choose in the menu Task > Transfer source segments to target segments.
3. Export the translation.

Then, try loading the exported document in your other CAT.

Igor

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:31
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TransTools to the rescue! Jun 24, 2015

Urs Wolffers wrote:

Dear colleagues As we say in German the client is king. And the king e.g. asks you to do a translation in Memoq. But if the source text is an OCR Memoq sees an awful lot of useless tags and refuses the import. Cafetran has a much better import filter, but nevertheless the king requests a Memoq translation. Is it possible to export the whole source text (with less tags as I said) immediately again in order to try another Memoq import? Thanks a lot Urs

I used to recommend Codezapper, but now use TransTools instead. It does the same as CZ, but a lot more cool stuff too. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED: http://www.translatortools.net/word-about.html

I am 95% certain TransTools will get rid of 95% of those pesky tags.

Michael

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Export the whole source text

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »