Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
you can edit and delete them Feb 20, 2015

Erik Freitag wrote:

New question: Is it true that I can't edit or delete notes that I've attached to segments? Seriously?

Right-click in the source segment, and edit/delete the note.

Selcuk

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:54
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Feb 20, 2015

Excellent, thanks - actually, I was led to believe that this isn't possible by this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cafetranslators/KQ4IkzXqjck

Good to see that this is possible after all - in the right-click menu I didn't instantly recognise the note as I was looking for a "delete note" or "edit note" entry, while in fact it's
... See more
Excellent, thanks - actually, I was led to believe that this isn't possible by this thread:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/cafetranslators/KQ4IkzXqjck

Good to see that this is possible after all - in the right-click menu I didn't instantly recognise the note as I was looking for a "delete note" or "edit note" entry, while in fact it's the actual text of the note that appears in the menu.

Thanks again, I'm making a pretty stupid impression, but believe me, this is really hard getting used to...

BTW: Should I rather post this kind of questions in the Google list? Or will I be fine just adding questions here?
Collapse

Dan Lucas
Dan Lucas  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:54
Member (2014)
Japanese to English
Here please Feb 20, 2015

Erik Freitag wrote:
BTW: Should I rather post this kind of questions in the Google list? Or will I be fine just adding questions here?

Erik, I too want to give CafeTran an extended trial but like yourself have been confused by the quirky interface. So for purely selfish reasons I'd like you to continue posting here so that I can watch and learn!

Dan

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 11:54
English to Turkish
+ ...
I read both forums Feb 20, 2015

Erik Freitag wrote:

You can ask your questions either here or at Google list. But I think it will be better to create a new topic for new questions, e.g. your last question on notes.

Selcuk

[Edited at 2015-02-20 11:27 GMT]

Erik Freitag
Erik Freitag  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 10:54
Member (2006)
Dutch to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Ok Feb 20, 2015

Ok then, I'll keep the beginner's questions coming - let me know when you're fed up.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to convert Studio TMs to CafeTran?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »