MT "improved" AA
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 07:44
May 30, 2014

As of now, CafeTran offers Machine Translation "improved" Auto-assembling. I use double quotes here because I'm still not convinced of any advantages of MT (see the recent discussion in the MT forum).

Besides this, you can also send manually made selections of your source segment to any supported MT engine (currently Google Translate, Microsoft Translate and MyMemory).

[Edited at 2014-05-30 13:29 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 06:44
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
CafeTran first CAT tool to copy Déjà Vu’s ‘Deep Miner’? May 30, 2014

Perhaps this is a question for Dominique: Is CafeTran possibly the first CAT tool to copy Déjà Vu’s ‘Deep Miner’ feature? I use copy loosely because I have no idea how either of them actually work, under the hood.

Michael

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:44
Finnish to French
Déjà Vu's DeepMiner May 31, 2014

Michael Beijer wrote:
Perhaps this is a question for Dominique: Is CafeTran possibly the first CAT tool to copy Déjà Vu’s ‘Deep Miner’ feature? I use copy loosely because I have no idea how either of them actually work, under the hood.

Yes, to my knowledge, no other tools use MT to "improve" assembled stuff. The following blog post gives a pretty good description of the options available in Déjà Vu (this is for DVX2, this may have been further enhanced in DVX3):

http://language-mystery.blogspot.com/2011/10/deep-mining-with-deja-vu-x2.html

As to the value of assembling stuff, you know my stance on the matter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MT "improved" AA

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »