CafeTran on a Windows tablet
Thread poster: 2nl (X)
2nl (X)
2nl (X)  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 02:33
Dec 25, 2013

Just for fun I've installed CafeTran on an Asus Transformer T100 tablet with Windows.

The good news: Since CafeTran's footprint is that small, you can actually use it on a tablet with 2 GB RAM.

The bad news: The on-screen keyboard requires so much space that there isn't much space left for the CafeTran GUI.

So: You don't want to use the OSK for translating. You'll want to connect the physical keyboard that comes with the Transformer. However, I can
... See more
Just for fun I've installed CafeTran on an Asus Transformer T100 tablet with Windows.

The good news: Since CafeTran's footprint is that small, you can actually use it on a tablet with 2 GB RAM.

The bad news: The on-screen keyboard requires so much space that there isn't much space left for the CafeTran GUI.

So: You don't want to use the OSK for translating. You'll want to connect the physical keyboard that comes with the Transformer. However, I can imagine that you use the Transformer for reviewing tasks (where use of the OSK isn't that important).

For better legibility I've made some screenshots:

Full screen mode:

Full screen mode, button display deactivated:

[Edited at 2013-12-25 13:07 GMT]

[Edited at 2013-12-25 13:09 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran on a Windows tablet

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »