Selectable metadata lists in glossaries (and memories for terms) comes to CafeTran!
Thread poster: Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:37
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 24, 2013

Selectable metadata lists in glossaries and memories for terms has been added to the nightly build of CafeTran!

You can now load two lists (Subjects + Clients) from text files which you can store anywhere on your computer. After creating these lists, you will be able to select Clients/Subject from a little drop down menu in the Quick Term Editor and New Term dialogues. See two new buttons at Edit | Options | Database tab to load the lists.

Selectable metadata in glossaries and memories for terms.

For more information see: http://cafetran.wikidot.com/using-subject-field-and-client-pick-lists

Michael

PS: memoQ users have been asking for this for years. We asked and got it a week later.

[Edited at 2013-08-24 14:18 GMT]

István Lengyel
István Lengyel
Hungary
Local time: 19:37
English to Hungarian
+ ...
minor correction Aug 25, 2013

Michael,

While I believe it's great that you now have this in CafeTran, the P.S. was not true. memoQ users have had access to this since the end of May. Kevin Lossner just recently blogged about it.

http://www.translationtribulations.com/2013/08/selectable-metadata-for-memoq-2013.html

True, we did not make a big
... See more
Michael,

While I believe it's great that you now have this in CafeTran, the P.S. was not true. memoQ users have had access to this since the end of May. Kevin Lossner just recently blogged about it.

http://www.translationtribulations.com/2013/08/selectable-metadata-for-memoq-2013.html

True, we did not make a big fuss around it.

István
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:37
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
partial functionality in memoQ Aug 25, 2013

Hi István,

I don’t think I quite agree with you there. This feature is not yet available off-line in memoQ itself. It is only possible via LanguageTerminal. Furthermore, these metadata lists are only available within a project, so you can't use them when creating termbases or TMs, which is where many of us really need them. In CafeTran, they are just two plain text files on your computer, which is what most memoQ users would prefer I think.

The same applies to CafeTr
... See more
Hi István,

I don’t think I quite agree with you there. This feature is not yet available off-line in memoQ itself. It is only possible via LanguageTerminal. Furthermore, these metadata lists are only available within a project, so you can't use them when creating termbases or TMs, which is where many of us really need them. In CafeTran, they are just two plain text files on your computer, which is what most memoQ users would prefer I think.

The same applies to CafeTran glossaries: they are simple tab-delimited text files on your computer, which makes them a lot easier to edit, maintain and look after.

Michael
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Selectable metadata lists in glossaries (and memories for terms) comes to CafeTran!

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »