Martin Brüggemeier
Martin Brüggemeier
Germany
Local time: 10:32
English to German
+ ...
May 7, 2013

Hello!

On the CafeTran website (http://www.cafetran.com/download.html), I read that a licence for CafeTran is valid for two computers.

Now I am considering buying CafeTran, and in a few months' time I'm going to install Windows 7 on my computer instead of my current Windows XP (as you probably know, you can't update from Win XP to Win 7, so you have to re-install all soft
... See more
Hello!

On the CafeTran website (http://www.cafetran.com/download.html), I read that a licence for CafeTran is valid for two computers.

Now I am considering buying CafeTran, and in a few months' time I'm going to install Windows 7 on my computer instead of my current Windows XP (as you probably know, you can't update from Win XP to Win 7, so you have to re-install all software after installing Win 7). Will I have to use my second licence key after installing Win 7, or will my first licence key also be valid for the new OS?

TIA for your answer!
Martin
Collapse

Meta Arkadia
Meta Arkadia
Local time: 15:32
English to Indonesian
+ ...
Don't worry May 7, 2013

Martin Brüggemeier wrote:
Will I have to use my second licence key after installing Win 7, or will my first licence key also be valid for the new OS?

"valid for two computers" here means "valid for use on two computers at the same time", I think, Martin. Usually a desktop PC and a notebook. To be sure, contact Igor at cafetran.support#gmail.com (change the #, of course), or join the support group: cafetranslators+subscribe#googlegroups.com

Don't worry too much though, Igor is not particularly strict with licences.

Cheers,

Hans

[Edited at 2013-05-07 23:06 GMT]

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 10:32
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
License after system upgrade May 8, 2013

Hello Martin,

In this case you will still use the first license after your operating system upgrade, which means that your second license (e.g in a laptop) will be unchanged. You will only need to contact the CafeTran support to help you with the first license transfer.

Cheerio,
Igor

Martin Brüggemeier wrote:

Hello!

Now I am considering buying CafeTran, and in a few months' time I'm going to install Windows 7 on my computer instead of my current Windows XP (as you probably know, you can't update from Win XP to Win 7, so you have to re-install all software after installing Win 7). Will I have to use my second licence key after installing Win 7, or will my first licence key also be valid for the new OS?

TIA for your answer!
Martin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Licensing

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »