Storing glossary entries with custom formatting
Thread poster: Tom45 (X)
Tom45 (X)
Tom45 (X)
Local time: 08:12
Dec 14, 2012

Will the new build provide means to store glossary entries with custom formatting? That would be really handy to store trademarks, chemical formulas and the like ...

Please tell me that this is possible.

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
Formatted glossary entries Dec 15, 2012

Yes, the program will allow styling the glossary entries via html tags e.g. CO2 for Carbon Dioxide.

Igor

germanodutchess wrote:

Will the new build provide means to store glossary entries with custom formatting? That would be really handy to store trademarks, chemical formulas and the like ...

Tom45 (X)
Tom45 (X)
TOPIC STARTER
Setting the subscripts straight Dec 16, 2012

Igor Kmitowski wrote:

Yes, the program will allow styling the glossary entries via html tags e.g. CO2 for Carbon Dioxide.

Igor

germanodutchess wrote:

Nice feature, since many clients do not bother to insert subscripts in chemical formulas. With this new feature, CafeTran will add the required subscripts to formulas in the target segments automatically.

I think marketing text translators will be happy with this feature too, since it also allows adding formatting tags to brand names (e.g. CafeTran) automatically.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Storing glossary entries with custom formatting

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »