Thread poster: MikeTrans
MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 20:43
Italian to German
+ ...
Jun 16, 2012

When re-opening a project, the Frequent Word Tab is gone. How do you display it again?

Thanks,
Mike

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:43
English to Turkish
+ ...
Start Jun 16, 2012

Hi Mike,

Click on the Start (Translation) button, Frequent terms tab will be opened.

Selcuk

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
yes, it works! Jun 17, 2012

Hi Selcuk,

thanks to answer... at this day time

Works fine. I have to click it twice, CT will ask me if I want to review the segments, I chose yes, I have then to go in the Options to reset the workflow to "translation".

I just noted that CT may get confused about the status of the Memory used: when I open memories, I chose appropriately if the search is segment based / term based / fuzzy /
... See more
Hi Selcuk,

thanks to answer... at this day time

Works fine. I have to click it twice, CT will ask me if I want to review the segments, I chose yes, I have then to go in the Options to reset the workflow to "translation".

I just noted that CT may get confused about the status of the Memory used: when I open memories, I chose appropriately if the search is segment based / term based / fuzzy / fuzzy + sub-segment, but when re-starting a project, I have first to close all memories and re-open to get the status right again.

I've only sratched the surface of this fine program, I really appreciate the sub-segment info in the fuzzy matches and the Frequent Word extract. This can help alot for large projects

Thanks,
Mike
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Frequent words Jun 17, 2012

MikeTrans wrote:
I've only sratched the surface of this fine program, I really appreciate the sub-segment info in the fuzzy matches and the Frequent Word extract. This can help alot for large projects.

Even for smaller projects the Frequent Word feature can be useful, because it shows me whether it is worth adding a word to the glossary (i.e. whether I'll encounter that word later again or not). The Frequent Word feature would not be much use if I were to translate into my second language, because my first language uses compound nouns, which Frequent Word won't be able to split. But it would be quite useful for my usual language combination.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Window Layout 2 + undocked Term Tab is perfect Jun 17, 2012

Samuel,

if you want to see the Frequent Word content often and compare it with your Term memory, I found it very useful to chose
Edit > Windows > Window layout 2

Now, right-click on your Term tab and "Dock at segment window".
Clicking in the Frequent tab, you see immediately what needs to be added.
Also, the Memory tab (segments) have a better overview.

I have never worked so fast by only using the mouse: Click, clack - and everything is
... See more
Samuel,

if you want to see the Frequent Word content often and compare it with your Term memory, I found it very useful to chose
Edit > Windows > Window layout 2

Now, right-click on your Term tab and "Dock at segment window".
Clicking in the Frequent tab, you see immediately what needs to be added.
Also, the Memory tab (segments) have a better overview.

I have never worked so fast by only using the mouse: Click, clack - and everything is in the Database...

Greets,
Mike
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Frequent Word tab

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »