Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Feb 11, 2012

Hi,

Just another example of how innovative and user-centered CafeTran is.

Imagine a CAT tool that offers a keyboard shortcut and a button to directly add the content of the source text field and the content of the target text field as a term pair to the glossary ...

Nothing special, you may say, and you're right.

But imagine a CAT tool that trims end punctuation from source and target before adding the content as a term pair.

Still
... See more
Hi,

Just another example of how innovative and user-centered CafeTran is.

Imagine a CAT tool that offers a keyboard shortcut and a button to directly add the content of the source text field and the content of the target text field as a term pair to the glossary ...

Nothing special, you may say, and you're right.

But imagine a CAT tool that trims end punctuation from source and target before adding the content as a term pair.

Still not impressed? Well then read this:

Imagine a CAT tool that strips leading numbering (e.g. in Tables of Content, Part lists) before adding the content as a term pair.

CafeTran offers all this features.

Imagine an example text like:

==

1.2.2.1 Einführung
1.2.2.2 Inbetriebnahme
1.2.2.3 Abschaltung
1.2.3 Entsorgung
1.2 Fertigstellung

Beispiele:
Achtung!
Wichtig.

* Zahlung
a) Bestimmung
II. Angaben
  • Eintrag

==

Igor writes about the latest build of CafeTran:

* Omitting the start of a term when you add it to the glossary or TM. You need to provide regular expression for this option (see Options | Memory | Trim new term start/end fields).

Q: What is the syntax of the regular expression, e.g. for 1.2.2.1 Einführung?

Igor: \A([0-9]*[\p{Punct}]*\s*)+ and you'll need to restart CT.

Nice, isn't it? I think CafeTran currently offers the fastest way to add new terminology on the fly, when translating technical documentation!

Hans ▲ Collapse

• Yaotl Altan

Woodstock (X)
    Woodstock (X)  Identity Verified
    Germany
    Local time: 03:11
    German to English
    + ...
    If you work for this company Feb 11, 2012

or are connected with them in some way, it is a good idea to mention it in the posts singing the praises of this product. This website is based in the US, and that is usually how things are handled there, and it really really sounds like you are using this forum for free advertising. If I'm wrong, sorry, but there should be some clarification on your part.

Hans Lenting
    Hans Lenting
    Netherlands
    Member (2006)
    German to Dutch
    TOPIC STARTER
    I don't work for CafeTran, Atril or STAR AG Feb 11, 2012

Woodstock wrote:

or are connected with them in some way, it is a good idea to mention it in the posts singing the praises of this product. This website is based in the US, and that is usually how things are handled there, and it really really sounds like you are using this forum for free advertising. If I'm wrong, sorry, but there should be some clarification on your part.

Thanks for the feedback!

I hereby assure you that I don't work for CafeTran (Igor), STAR AG, Atril (Déjà Vu) or any other person or company whose product I've praised in the past. I don't get money from them, I don't earn money with trainings.

I am a freelance technical translator, as you can see in my Proz profile.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
    Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CafeTran probably the most innovative CAT tool around

Wordfast Pro
    Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
    TM-Town
    Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »