Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 09:46
English to Turkish
+ ...
Jan 18, 2012

http://www.cafetran.com/handbook.html

CafeTran has been tested to work with other popular databases such as H2, MySQL, Oracle 10g, HSQLDB 2.0 and Derby (Java DB). This gives you the unique opportunity to connect to terminology bases which are on some other machines, for instance. If... See more

CafeTran has been tested to work with other popular databases such as H2, MySQL, Oracle 10g, HSQLDB 2.0 and Derby (Java DB). This gives you the unique opportunity to connect to terminology bases which are on some other machines, for instance. If you are interested in connecting your database which is not listed below, please contact the users support for more information.

Anybody tested External Databases feature? Can we install the database and CT on the same machine or is it required for machines connected in a network. Which one do you recommend for Windows XP? I have superficial experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 only.

Selcuk
Collapse

Igor Kmitowski
Igor Kmitowski  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:46
Member (2016)
English to Polish
+ ...
External Databases Jan 18, 2012

By default CafeTran uses the H2 External database for terms or segments management. You can set another one (for example free and popular MySQL database), and it can be also installed on the same machine as CT.

BTW, OpenOffice/LibreOffice suite uses the HSQLDB database but please make sure it is at least 2.0 version of this database if you wish to try it out.

Igor

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

CafeTran has been tested to work with other popular databases such as H2, MySQL, Oracle 10g, HSQLDB 2.0 and Derby (Java DB). This gives you the unique opportunity to connect to terminology bases which are on some other machines, for instance. If you are interested in connecting your database which is not listed below, please contact the users support for more information.

Anybody tested External Databases feature? Can we install the database and CT on the same machine or is it required for machines connected in a network. Which one do you recommend for Windows XP? I have superficial experience with Microsoft SQL Server 2005 only.

Selcuk

Guillaume Chareyron
Guillaume Chareyron  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Wanted to give a try but... Jan 25, 2012

For my terminology, I use an access application and it would be really great to be able to work directly with my db from CafeTran. Unfortunately, MS access is not supported (yet??). I wrote to Igor some time ago about it, he will have a look at this when he ll have time.

For me, it would just be great if it could work.

Cheers
Guillaume

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 08:46
Finnish to French
MS Access should now be supported Jan 28, 2012

Guillaume Chareyron wrote:
For my terminology, I use an access application and it would be really great to be able to work directly with my db from CafeTran. Unfortunately, MS access is not supported (yet??). I wrote to Igor some time ago about it, he will have a look at this when he ll have time.

build 2012012702 has several enhancements, including this one:

5. Added support for MS Access database.

The announcement was just made a few minutes ago on the CafeTran mailing list.

Guillaume Chareyron
Guillaume Chareyron  Identity Verified
France
German to French
+ ...
Thanks Dominique Jan 29, 2012

That sounds good!
I'll check this and do some tests.

Cheers
Guillaume

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Natalie[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

External Databases

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »