ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:58
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Mar 5, 2019

Hi there,
I already posted this question in the German forum but as I didn't get any answers, I'll try it here.
All of a sudden I seem to have a problem with the document view in Word. I received a translation back to add some paragraphs, but when I opened the document (which was formatted by my client), I noticed that I could no longer see the two little points on the Umlaute in upper case.
An example: Instead of «Übersicht», I now see «Ubersicht». This only occurs in th
... See more
Hi there,
I already posted this question in the German forum but as I didn't get any answers, I'll try it here.
All of a sudden I seem to have a problem with the document view in Word. I received a translation back to add some paragraphs, but when I opened the document (which was formatted by my client), I noticed that I could no longer see the two little points on the Umlaute in upper case.
An example: Instead of «Übersicht», I now see «Ubersicht». This only occurs in the document view and if printed, all is ok. Interestingly, I have this problem with both of my computers (iMac), but not with my Mac Laptop.
A couple of details:
My system: MacOS High Sierra
Font: Helvetica Light

Does anyone have an idea how to fix the document view?
Thank you in advance,
Irene

PS: I could just change the font, of course, but I don't want to do this as this could destroy my client's layout...
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with document view

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »