Does anyone know of someone or somewhere that translates Latin medical terms
Thread poster: Smallworld
Smallworld
Smallworld
Local time: 18:05
English
Mar 11, 2005

I have a couple of Latin medical terms which I need translating/converting into standard English for non-medical readers but I can't find anyone to do this. Can anyone help?

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Local time: 19:05
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Try KudoZ Mar 11, 2005

Hello!

I would suggest you to post your terms on Kudoz. I am sure someone there can help you!

Good luck!
Flavio

Charlotte Blank
Charlotte Blank  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 19:05
Czech to German
+ ...
Try this one Mar 11, 2005

http://www.allhealthnet.com/meddict.htm

is a rather exhaustive ressource for medical dictionaries in several languages and for various diseases.

Charlotte

Suzanne Blangsted (X)
Suzanne Blangsted (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:05
Danish to English
+ ...
medical terms Mar 11, 2005

Send them to me.

Alvaro Rollan
Alvaro Rollan
Greek to Spanish
+ ...
Medical Latin Term Translations Jul 23, 2005

Hi,

I work for the University of Valladolid as a researcher, and at my departament, Latin Philology there's a recently open project on latin medical research: recepies, terms and that things. You can send me and maybe I could help you.

Adam Bartley
Adam Bartley  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 05:05
Member (2011)
Latin to English
+ ...
A good dictionary to start with May 12, 2006

Many of the older andmore straightforward latin terms appear in a dictionary in what is essentially unaltered form. So I'd look there (let's say Cassell's, for a user-friendly one?) for the easy ones, then any one of these fine people for the more complex and newly-coined terms.

Alvaro Rollan wrote:

Hi,

I work for the University of Valladolid as a researcher, and at my departament, Latin Philology there's a recently open project on latin medical research: recepies, terms and that things. You can send me and maybe I could help you.

María Diehn
María Diehn  Identity Verified
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
Post it! Apr 19, 2007

I agree with Flavio. If there are only a couple of terms to be translated, you can post them and people like Flavio or myself would gladly help you. I translate into Spanish, but from there is easier to translate into English.

Flavio Ferri Benedetti wrote:

Hello!

I would suggest you to post your terms on Kudoz. I am sure someone there can help you!

Good luck!
Flavio

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anyone know of someone or somewhere that translates Latin medical terms

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »