Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Local time: 22:13
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
Jan 14, 2005

Dear friends,

my pending subject is, still, Latin metrics. Really haven't had a chance to get through it in a clear way. I have a few books but I would like to know, first, if you have any crystal-clear references.

Thanks!

Flavio

María Roberto (X)
María Roberto (X)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Versus metiri Jan 15, 2005

Flavio Ferri Benedetti wrote:

Dear friends,

my pending subject is, still, Latin metrics. Really haven't had a chance to get through it in a clear way. I have a few books but I would like to know, first, if you have any crystal-clear references.

Thanks!

Flavio

Flavio:
I can´t send you my Latin books from Argentina...
Maybe an attachment with explanations?
María

Marcella Rivatelli
Marcella Rivatelli
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
(NOT ONLY) GOOGLE CAN HELP Jan 15, 2005

Hi Flavio. If you make a Google search with the words "metrica latina" you will get a number of pages containing syllabi and bibliographies of university courses of Latin. However, if you need an approach to the very basics of Latin metrics, any high school handbook of Latin will do.
Vale!
Marcella

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Libri Jan 15, 2005

Mmm... I have Latin High School books that will help. I also have a book on Latin metrics, now that I think of it.

Any attachments are welcome, María

Gratias vobis...

Flavio

Thierry LOTTE
Thierry LOTTE  Identity Verified
Member (2001)
English to French
+ ...
Latin Metrics Nov 16, 2005

Hi Flavio !

Maybe (I hope) you will find some interesting informations at the end of the opening page of the following website :

http://dekart.f.bg.ac.yu/~vnedeljk/VV/

Anyway, this site worthwile a visit and is very interresting for all "Roman History Freaks"...

Friendly,

Gaïus Minius Gallus
(My nick on another roman history f
... See more
Hi Flavio !

Maybe (I hope) you will find some interesting informations at the end of the opening page of the following website :

Anyway, this site worthwile a visit and is very interresting for all "Roman History Freaks"...

Friendly,

Gaïus Minius Gallus
(My nick on another roman history freak website, very amazing but all in spanish...)
Collapse

Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Flavio Ferri-Benedetti
Switzerland
Member (2003)
Spanish to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Freaks :) Nov 17, 2005

Thierry LOTTE wrote:

Hi Flavio !

Friendly,

Gaïus Minius Gallus
(My nick on another roman history freak website, very amazing but all in spanish...)

Ave Gaius Minius!

Thanks for the link, very interesting

Lots of best wishes,
Flavio

Giorgia Milani
Giorgia Milani  Identity Verified
Italy
French to Italian
+ ...
Advices.. Aug 23, 2009

Hi Flavio I've studied Classics in the University without having the background of a "liceo classico" nor of an italian high school (where generally latin is studied) but from a french high school. I had therefore to face, among many other things, latin and greek metrics ex-novo.
I bought a couple of books but I can tell you that the one which I found more clear and easy to understand was the "BOLDRINI". I don't know whether there is a translation of this manual into english or other langu
... See more
Hi Flavio I've studied Classics in the University without having the background of a "liceo classico" nor of an italian high school (where generally latin is studied) but from a french high school. I had therefore to face, among many other things, latin and greek metrics ex-novo.
I bought a couple of books but I can tell you that the one which I found more clear and easy to understand was the "BOLDRINI". I don't know whether there is a translation of this manual into english or other languages but your name makes me guess you must be an italian speaker.
However, for my personal experience, I think that if you had the opportunity of having someone to explain you the main clou points of metrics and was showing you how practically it's works you would understand much faster. Metrics is something you learn and apply the rules at the begining and at some point, after a good time spent on practicing, you start to feel and will come automatically to you, without having to think about it.
Do not esitate to contact me if you need any help and if you are interested I can send you my personal notes (which are at italian). Take care and good luck!

[Edited at 2009-08-23 10:38 GMT]
Collapse

Angie Garbarino
Angie Garbarino  Identity Verified
Member (2003)
French to Italian
+ ...
Please feel free to share any useful information Aug 23, 2009

Dear Giorgia

Welcometo the Ancient Languages forum, and to ProZ.com,
please feel free to share any useful information

Have a nice Sunday!

Angio

[Edited at 2009-08-23 15:05 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Latin metrics - some CLEAR reference?

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »