Australia
Local time: 11:26
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Sep 20, 2020

All,

I have a task consisting of 10,890 segments and I need to make changes to segments that occur multiple times. The changes are commas to decimal points. For example: “1866 (73,5)” to “1866 (73.5)”. The segments that I am changing have the status “translated”.

What happens is as follows:
- I edit a segment and confirm with “Alt” + “R”
- The Auto-propagation progress bar appears and shows gradual progress from 0 to 100%
- The Auto
... See more
All,

I have a task consisting of 10,890 segments and I need to make changes to segments that occur multiple times. The changes are commas to decimal points. For example: “1866 (73,5)” to “1866 (73.5)”. The segments that I am changing have the status “translated”.

What happens is as follows:
- I edit a segment and confirm with “Alt” + “R”
- The Auto-propagation progress bar appears and shows gradual progress from 0 to 100%
- The Auto-propagate window opens with the following message: This paragraph exists 453 times in the current document. Would you like Across to insert your translation into the other paragraphs? [Yes] [Yes to All] [No]
- I click yes

After all of this, a segment two rows below the segment that I have just edited and that contains exactly the same text of the edited segment (prior to edit), in this example “1866 (73,5)”, remains unchanged.
I had expected that it would change and all other 452 segments too.

I am using the following settings under User Settings – crossDesk – Auto-propagate:
Enable auto-propagation of translation: ticked
Only propagate in untouched paragraphs: not ticked
Auto-propagte paragraph state: ticked

What am I missing?
What happens when the Auto-propagation progress bar appears before I make my selection in the Auto-propagate window?
What happens when the Auto-propagation progress bar appears again after my selection?

I would be very grateful for any hints.

Across v7.0 14024, package v. 20.

Cheers,

Peter
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Auto propagation not as expected

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »