Exporting translation from Across Basic Edition?
Thread poster: Piroska Dietlinde Draskóczy
Piroska Dietlinde Draskóczy
Piroska Dietlinde Draskóczy  Identity Verified
Hungary
Local time: 14:51
Member (2012)
Hungarian to German
+ ...
Aug 26, 2019

Dear Colleages,

I had a frist look at Across (V 7.0), Basic Edition. (I am to work in a cross for a client sooen.)
Based on hints scattered in the information material of Across, I get the impressioni that this version of Across does not allow me to export my translation AND store it on my own computer. Did I understand this correctly?
I am kindly asking for replies from users who know for sure. Tahnk you.

Thanks in advance.

Piroska Draskóczy

Sara Massons
Sara Massons  Identity Verified
France
Member (2016)
English to French
+ ...
You can export both source and target files Aug 26, 2019

I've been working with Across basic edition for a number of clients for quite a while. You can export source and target files with a very basic layout (MS Word format). Comments and highlighted segments are exported as well as some extra information like max length, I guess this depends on how the client sets it when creating the project. With Across 6.3, I had a number of export failure but not with Across 7 which I'm using now.
I don't know about any import feature like you can find in o
... See more
I've been working with Across basic edition for a number of clients for quite a while. You can export source and target files with a very basic layout (MS Word format). Comments and highlighted segments are exported as well as some extra information like max length, I guess this depends on how the client sets it when creating the project. With Across 6.3, I had a number of export failure but not with Across 7 which I'm using now.
I don't know about any import feature like you can find in other CAT tools.

Here is a screen copy of the button bar where I circled the export buttons in red: https://1drv.ms/u/s!ArBf3M9nPETSjQylSouSaGaDbImo?e=3XrRyJ

I hope this helps
Collapse

Piroska Dietlinde Draskóczy
Piroska Dietlinde Draskóczy  Identity Verified
Hungary
Member (2012)
Hungarian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you very much, Sara Aug 26, 2019

Thank you very much Sara, this was helpful.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting translation from Across Basic Edition?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »