How to turn off automatically copied source segments?
Thread poster: Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:37
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
Feb 5, 2019

All,

my Across Translator Premium Edition v6.3 is suddenly automatically copying the source segment to the target segment as soon as I navigate to any untouched, empty segment. It happens only upon navigating to the segment. All other untouched are empty.

I did not knowingly switch this feature on and would like to switch it off as I now have additional task of deleting the words from the source segment before I can start typing my translation.

How can I tu
... See more
All,

my Across Translator Premium Edition v6.3 is suddenly automatically copying the source segment to the target segment as soon as I navigate to any untouched, empty segment. It happens only upon navigating to the segment. All other untouched are empty.

I did not knowingly switch this feature on and would like to switch it off as I now have additional task of deleting the words from the source segment before I can start typing my translation.

How can I turn this off?

Thank you

Peter
Collapse

Martina Klett
Martina Klett  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 16:37
Italian to German
+ ...
Deactive "Copy active paragraph" button Feb 5, 2019

Hi Peter,

maybe you inadvertently pressed the "Copy active paragraph" button in the target editor toolbar? Information on how to deactivate it can be found here: https://www.across.net/online-help/v60/across/data/acrossHaupt229.htm

HTH,
Martina

Peter Zauner
Peter Zauner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 00:37
Member (2010)
German to English
+ ...

Moderator of this forum
TOPIC STARTER
that's it Feb 5, 2019

Thank you, Martina.
That was it. Now that I know how to turn it on and off, it might come handy one day!

Cheers,

Peter

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How to turn off automatically copied source segments?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »