Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:14
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
Jan 18, 2019

Inserting the inline objects to the translation using ctrl+shift+0 isn't working for me. Therefore I must use ctrl+shift+number, which is not very comfortable, especially in sentences which contain many inline objects. Does any one know of a possible reason it is not working for me? Is there any other option to insert inline objects using the keyboard?

Thanks

Elif Baykara Narbay
Elif Baykara Narbay  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:14
German to Turkish
+ ...
Support team Jan 18, 2019

Hi, sorry that you are encountering such problems.

The thing is, Across is one of the most nightmarish CATs I have ever used but they have very nice and competent help team.

Have you contacted them? Since this software is free for freelancers, you won't need any paid subscriptions apart from your legit Across account.

I hope this helps,
Elif

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Windows 10? Jan 22, 2019

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel wrote:

Inserting the inline objects to the translation using ctrl+shift+0 isn't working for me. Therefore I must use ctrl+shift+number, which is not very comfortable, especially in sentences which contain many inline objects. Does any one know of a possible reason it is not working for me? Is there any other option to insert inline objects using the keyboard?

Thanks

Let me guess - you have Windows 10 installed? I found this hint:
In Windows 10 hot key Ctrl + Shift + 0 reserved by system for switching Keyboard layout. To make it work in Across you should change Key sequence in Advanced language settings:

"Remove the shortcut assignment to make the application work as expected. To do this, follow these steps:

1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Double-click Regional and Language Options.
3. Click Keyboards and Languages, and then click Change keyboards.
4. Click Advanced Key Settings, and select Between input languages.
5. Click change Key Sequence.
6. For Switch Keyboard Layout, select Not Assigned.
7. Click OK to close each dialog box."

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ca/help/967893/input-method-editor-keyboard-shortcut-ctrl-shift-0-switches-the-input

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel
Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 20:14
Member (2005)
German to Hebrew
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
The keyboard shortcut for changing input language isn't the problem Jan 24, 2019

@Vorchuchelo. Thank for your advice. My Keyboard shortcut for switching input language is left alt+shift, so it can't be interfering with the ctrl+shift+0. Even if it were, I couldn't cancel the keyboard shortcut and work only with the mouse, I have 3 input languages, which I use regularly, switching between them with the mouse is not an option for me.

I'll try contacting Across support, as Elif suggested, maybe they'll have solution. But thank you for trying to help...
See more
@Vorchuchelo. Thank for your advice. My Keyboard shortcut for switching input language is left alt+shift, so it can't be interfering with the ctrl+shift+0. Even if it were, I couldn't cancel the keyboard shortcut and work only with the mouse, I have 3 input languages, which I use regularly, switching between them with the mouse is not an option for me.

I'll try contacting Across support, as Elif suggested, maybe they'll have solution. But thank you for trying to help
Collapse

Vorchuchelo
Vorchuchelo
Russian Federation
Layout switch combination Jan 24, 2019

Yiftah Hellerman-Carmel wrote:

I'll try contacting Across support, as Elif suggested, maybe they'll have solution. But thank you for trying to help

Hi Yiftah,
It is not about switching input language, but keyboard layout. Please check the screenshot: https://ibb.co/99ws2G3
Set it as it is shown on the screenshot and try again. It may help.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Inserting inline objects using ctrl+shift+0 isn't working

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »