Thread poster: Letra
Letra
Letra  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 11:18
English to Polish
+ ...
Jul 18, 2017

Hello! Does anybody know if it is possible to run a custom installation of Trados Studio 2015? I mean, is it possible to select just particular elements needed instead of installing all of them. For example, when I work with English and Polish, I don't need all Hunspell dictionaries but just those two. And another example - Studio folder (Program Files (x86) - SDL - SDL Trados Studio - Studio4) contains subfolder Samples with different translation memories for other languages, a termbase, sample... See more
Hello! Does anybody know if it is possible to run a custom installation of Trados Studio 2015? I mean, is it possible to select just particular elements needed instead of installing all of them. For example, when I work with English and Polish, I don't need all Hunspell dictionaries but just those two. And another example - Studio folder (Program Files (x86) - SDL - SDL Trados Studio - Studio4) contains subfolder Samples with different translation memories for other languages, a termbase, sample files etc. - over 110 MB usless files for me. Is it possible to "uncheck" them during installation to save disk space?Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Custom installation of Trados Studio 2015

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »