Losing focus with real-time preview
Thread poster: Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:44
Dutch to English
May 29, 2017

When use real-time preview, I find that it takes several seconds for Studio to focus on the next segment. However, switching off real-time preview doesn't solve this (as if it is still running in the background). I find that the only way to work around this is to close the file (with the preview off) and reopen. Does anyone know a better workaround?

Thanks,

Olly

Pavel Slama
Pavel Slama  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 22:44
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Kill Word in task manager May 29, 2017

Hello Olly. I was just making similar comments in another thread – http://www.proz.com/forum/sdl_trados_support/310550-sdl_trados_studio_2017_and_real_time_preview.html – what a coincidence.

A workaround I found is to kill the unneeded instances of Word in the Task Manager.

P.

Oliver Pekelharing
Oliver Pekelharing  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 23:44
Dutch to English
TOPIC STARTER
Coincidence May 30, 2017

That is a funny coincidence. Thanks, I'll try your work around.

Olly

Pavel Slama
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
It crashes it too, sometimes Jun 8, 2017

I think SDL are well aware of this, that’s why the silence on their part. They know they have a feature that often even crashes the program (which is what prompted me to come back to this).

Pavel Slama
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Trados crashing – plug-ins? Jul 15, 2017

Hmm, my Trados now started freezing quite often, even without using the Preview. When I open Task Manager, there is a Word process running using CPU, if I kill it, Trados process starts running using CPU, but both would run indefinitely, and Trados isn’t responsive.

I have a more constructive theory – could it be the MS Word Grammar Checker plugin causing this? Or are some other plugins known to cause instability/freezing?

[Edited at 2017-07-15 15:13 GMT]

Pavel Slama
United Kingdom
Member (2014)
English to Czech
+ ...
Powepoint PPTX preview – does it ever work? Jul 15, 2017

And one more question re Live Preview: so far every time I tried using it for a Powerpoint, it has never worked on any file I was translating. Again, am I doing something wrong?

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Losing focus with real-time preview

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »