Thread poster: Peterinhove
Peterinhove
Peterinhove
Local time: 18:33
French to English
+ ...
Mar 17, 2014

Hello fellow CAT sufferers!

I use Studio 2011 with Windows 7 and Office 2003.

I have some problems with the spell checker (I have selected the "MS Word Spell Checker" option in settings in Studio). When the checker detects an unrecognised word (generally a proper name which is usually in my Word custom dictionary anyway!], I have to click "Resume" in the spell checker box, then the normal button to "Add" reappears. Alas on subsequent spell checks of the same document,
... See more
Hello fellow CAT sufferers!

I use Studio 2011 with Windows 7 and Office 2003.

I have some problems with the spell checker (I have selected the "MS Word Spell Checker" option in settings in Studio). When the checker detects an unrecognised word (generally a proper name which is usually in my Word custom dictionary anyway!], I have to click "Resume" in the spell checker box, then the normal button to "Add" reappears. Alas on subsequent spell checks of the same document, the word has not been added.

Any suggestions would most be gratefully accepted.

Best regards

Peter
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 21:33
English to Turkish
+ ...
Only Word 2003 Mar 17, 2014

Do you have only Word 2003 or Word 2007/2010 installed as well?

Peterinhove
Peterinhove
Local time: 18:33
French to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Spell checker in SDL Studio 2011 Mar 18, 2014

Hello Selcuk

No, I only have Office 2003 installed, ancient though it is!

Lutz Plueckhahn
Lutz Plueckhahn  Identity Verified
Local time: 19:33
Member (2003)
English to German
In Word, change user dictionary to one language Aug 16, 2014

I had a similar problem and just found a solution in another thread:

You have to make sure that the user dictionary in Word is linked to one particular language and not to "all languages".

Ana Paula Rodríguez, CT
Ana Paula Rodríguez, CT  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 15:33
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thank you! Jun 9, 2017

Lutz Plueckhahn wrote:

I had a similar problem and just found a solution in another thread:

You have to make sure that the user dictionary in Word is linked to one particular language and not to "all languages".

Thank you, Lutz! Your tip really helped, even with different versions of Word and Trados.

Best,
Ana

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Spell checker in SDL Studio 2011

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »