Thread poster: Jutta Deichselberger
Jutta Deichselberger
Jutta Deichselberger  Identity Verified
Local time: 17:59
French to German
+ ...
Nov 2, 2016

Hello everybody,

I want to renew my Proz-membership and noticed that I do not have enough Brownies in order to get a discount. As far as I know there is the possibility to give Brownies to another person. Therefore my question: Does anybody have lots of Brownies and is willing to give me 2000 Brownies? That would be wonderful!

Thank you very much in advance!

Jutta

P.L.F. Persio
P.L.F. Persio  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2010)
English to Italian
+ ...
Indeed I do Nov 2, 2016

Hello Jutta,

I have 13,576 Brownies, I'll be happy to oblige.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 16:59
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
:( Nov 2, 2016

Jutta Deichselberger wrote:

Hello everybody,

I want to renew my Proz-membership and noticed that I do not have enough Brownies in order to get a discount. As far as I know there is the possibility to give Brownies to another person. Therefore my question: Does anybody have lots of Brownies and is willing to give me 2000 Brownies? That would be wonderful!

Thank you very much in advance!

Jutta

Hi Jutta,

I tried to donate some of my 13,939 browniz to you, but ran into a problem. See the error message below.

"Something went wrong...
Jutta Deichselberger is already a ProZ.com member. You may only donate browniz to non-members colleagues."

[Edited at 2016-11-02 16:56 GMT]

Jutta Deichselberger
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you so much!! Nov 2, 2016

Thank you very much in advance and have a nice evening!!! Unfortunately, I do not know how it works to transfer Brownies. I hope it is not difficult...

Best regards,
Jutta

Jutta Deichselberger
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Michael Joseph Nov 2, 2016

Okay, I didn't know this...
Thank you very much to have tried to give me some Brownies.

Have a nice evening!!

Jutta

writeaway
writeaway  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
Aren't Browniz now worthless after the latest price increase and new levels of membership? Nov 2, 2016

Hi,
I thought that browniz are now worth absolutely nothing with regard to getting a discount on Proz membership. Has that decision been reversed? Can we still use browniz to get a discount? That would be great.

In reply to Paula's explanation
Please note: In all fairness, I should qualify my comment about the price increase. It is definitely considerably more for those of us with partial jobs membership who also benefited from a browniz discount. For us the price will
... See more
Hi,
I thought that browniz are now worth absolutely nothing with regard to getting a discount on Proz membership. Has that decision been reversed? Can we still use browniz to get a discount? That would be great.

In reply to Paula's explanation
Please note: In all fairness, I should qualify my comment about the price increase. It is definitely considerably more for those of us with partial jobs membership who also benefited from a browniz discount. For us the price will almost double. My comment may not apply to other membership rates.

[Edited at 2016-11-02 23:56 GMT]
Collapse

Paula Durrosier
Paula Durrosier  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 13:59
English to Spanish
+ ...
Browniz points cannot be used to obtain a discount for the moment Nov 2, 2016

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to clarify that it is not possible at the moment to use browniz for a discount. On the other hand, the new, discounted price of the Standard package (the price went down, not up) is actually lower than the browniz-discounted price of renewing had been up to now.

Best regards,

Paula

Jennifer Forbes
Jennifer Forbes  Identity Verified
French to English
+ ...
In memoriam
OK, so ... Nov 3, 2016

Paula Durrosier wrote:

Hello everyone,

I just wanted to clarify that it is not possible at the moment to use browniz for a discount. On the other hand, the new, discounted price of the Standard package (the price went down, not up) is actually lower than the browniz-discounted price of renewing had been up to now.

Best regards,

Paula

OK, so if, under the new regime, Browniz can no longer be used to get a discount on the membership subscription, what CAN they be used for?
Is there now no point in collecting Browniz?
Paula, please clarify Proz members on this point.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
Brownies Nov 3, 2016

Yes: what are they for? Although I have quite a few, I was not given any discount the last time I renewed my membership.

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
35K Browniz... Nov 3, 2016

...and no use for them. I would be glad to donate part of them to other colleagues if given the opportunity.

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
95,090 Browniz Nov 3, 2016

and no use for them (just like Tomás). I'll gladly give part of them away to other colleagues, new or old. Proz should think of a way to give use to Browniz...

Jutta Deichselberger
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Me too, I would like to have an answer from a staff member Nov 3, 2016

regarding the use of Browniz if they cannot be used any more in order to get a discount...
Thanks to the lots of people that would have given me some Browniz!!!

Paula Durrosier
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
Discount with browniz points Nov 3, 2016

Hello everyone,

Thanks for all your feedback. Staff are working on allowing a browniz points discount for membership purchases during the campaign. I will post back here when I have more details.

Best regards,

Paula

Paula Durrosier
Argentina
English to Spanish
+ ...
A discount with browniz points is now available Nov 3, 2016

Hi all,

I just wanted to let you know that if you have 4,000 browniz points or more, you will be eligible for an additional discount of 10 USD over the already discounted prices shown on the membership page. This discount will be shown in the checkout page of the payment form.

Best regards,

Paula

Jutta Deichselberger
French to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@ Paula Nov 4, 2016

That's fine:-)

Will there also be a discount for Browniz points with "auto-renewal" of the membership?
Is it only possible to transfer Browniz from members to non-members?

Thank you in advance for an answer!

Best regards,
Jutta

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Does anybody have too much Brownies...

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »