katerina turevich
katerina turevich  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 19:51
Dutch to English
+ ...
Aug 14, 2016

Hi,

I'd like to do a bit of research for my own on-going project right here in this thread - I'd like to count the votes for a preferred hyperlink text:

Terug naar de inhoudsopgave
Terug naar inhoudsopgave
Inhoudsopgave

the first is too long - the second is not quite grammatically correct - the third is visually too strong and daunting; all three are used interchangeably without any noticeable differential effect
or can it be simply "Terug
... See more
Hi,

I'd like to do a bit of research for my own on-going project right here in this thread - I'd like to count the votes for a preferred hyperlink text:

Terug naar inhoudsopgave
Inhoudsopgave

the first is too long - the second is not quite grammatically correct - the third is visually too strong and daunting; all three are used interchangeably without any noticeable differential effect
or can it be simply "Terug", which would be my preference if this was possible)

I would welcome it, if instead of expressing you preference, you provide a reference to some clear authoritative source. Or both.
Thank you.
Collapse

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 19:51
Button Aug 15, 2016

Terug (Back) can also refer to the previous page, so I would avoid it. I think that a link like:

Inhoud >

Or an arrow-shaped button like:

[Inhoud >

Is very common.

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »