How do I make DVX3 search "terms inside of the terms"?
Thread poster: Evergray
Evergray
Evergray
Russian Federation
Local time: 12:06
May 15, 2017

Greetings everyone

I've been using DVX3 for a while now but I'm still having some questions regarding its functionality.
The main issue is that Deja can't "see" terms inside of words. I guess that sounds confusing, so here's and example.

I put term "ward" into Terminology database. Then I encounter word "award" but DVX3 can't see a match in this case (and that would be great in most of the cases since these are different words, but I NEED it to find such matches
... See more
Greetings everyone

I've been using DVX3 for a while now but I'm still having some questions regarding its functionality.
The main issue is that Deja can't "see" terms inside of words. I guess that sounds confusing, so here's and example.

I put term "ward" into Terminology database. Then I encounter word "award" but DVX3 can't see a match in this case (and that would be great in most of the cases since these are different words, but I NEED it to find such matches, even if that leads to "false" results).

MemoQ and Trados work fine in such situations, but I prefer to work with DVX3.

Could you help me please? Any advices on how to make it work that way?

[Edited at 2017-05-16 12:04 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:06
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
switch on fuzzy recognition for termbases May 16, 2017

Evergray wrote:

Greetings everyone

I put term "ward" into Terminology database. Then I encounter word "award" but DVX3 can't see a match in this case (and that would be great in most of the cases since these are different words, but I NEED it to find such matches, even if that leads to "false" results).

MemoQ and Trados work fine in such situations, but I prefer to work with DVX3.

Could you help me please? Any advices on how to make it work that way?

[Edited at 2017-05-16 06:17 GMT]

You need to switch on fuzzy recognition for termbases. You can then also adjust the percentage.

Michael

File > Options > Translation > Termbase options > Enable fuzzy terminology matches
Minimum score: 0%–100%

[Edited at 2017-05-16 09:08 GMT]

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 10:06
English to Turkish
+ ...
prefix matching supported? May 16, 2017

I am not sure about it, but I think prefix matching is not supported.

If "migration" is in TB, then it will find migrations, migrational, migrationist, migrator but not immigration. Prefix matching is essential in some languages.

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 08:06
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
think yr right May 16, 2017

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

I am not sure about it, but I think prefix matching is not supported.

If "migration" is in TB, then it will find migrations, migrational, migrationist, migrator but not immigration. Prefix matching is essential in some languages.

Just read yr suggested Idea over @ https://dejavu.uservoice.com/forums/111241-déjà-vu-ideas/suggestions/19293718-prefix-matching-for-terms-in-asr … and realised I might not have been entirely correct there. Indeed, I don't think DVX's fuzziness includes prefix matching.

Michael

Epameinondas Soufleros
Epameinondas Soufleros  Identity Verified
Greece
Local time: 10:06
Member (2008)
English to Greek
+ ...
Many years in the making May 16, 2017

Several years ago, someone from Atril told me that they would soon implement a solution better than memoQ's, which wouldn't require the use of asterisks (*) or pipes (|). I suppose it is still in the making and it will be one of the "mind-blowing" features that will come "soon" and that even Atril's community manager doesn't know yet.

[Edited at 2017-05-16 11:29 GMT]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How do I make DVX3 search "terms inside of the terms"?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »