Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 05:06
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
hey, a quick question (since I've got your attention) Oct 26, 2016

I have a project with 15 documents in it. I've translated 5, and the client wants me to deliver these 5 tomorrow morning, so my question is: how can I open only the five I've finished so far … in one "view" (sorry for the memoQ terminology).

Michael

Selcuk Akyuz
Selcuk Akyuz  Identity Verified
Türkiye
Local time: 08:06
English to Turkish
+ ...
N/A or maybe Oct 26, 2016

Michael Joseph Wdowiak Beijer wrote:

I have a project with 15 documents in it. I've translated 5, and the client wants me to deliver these 5 tomorrow morning, so my question is: how can I open only the five I've finished so far … in one "view" (sorry for the memoQ terminology).

Michael

Unfortunately, it is not available. You can open any single file or all files.

(That said, I will test SQL filtering to display segments from selected files only, never tested it before so please hold on.)

Another possible method is export those 5 files in xlf format and create a new project with them.

---------------
yes, you can use an SQL filter, e.g.

FileID = 1 OR FileID = 2

You can check file names opening the DVX project in MS Access, see the table named Files.

Other (more user friendly) SQL commands should be feasible, with no need to open Access.

Something like, ID IN (SELECT ID FROM Files WHERE FileName = "*001*")

I will test them, if it works I will store it in DVX

[Edited at 2016-10-26 18:21 GMT]

mikhailo
mikhailo
English to Russian
+ ...
re Oct 26, 2016

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

It will be great. If atril will make filter like that where files can be simply checkboxed (filter - segments from files - open small window with list of files with checkboxes) - will be absolutely fine.

and repeat once again - buttons are quicker than pull-down lists

Alistair Gainey
Alistair Gainey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
Fun with Dragon and Deja Vu Oct 26, 2016

As a demonstration of the kind of things you can do, here's a custom command for looking up a word in an external online dictionary (Multitran) via the Opera browser:

Right-click the mic icon - Tools - Add New Command
Put "Multitran" (or whatever you want to say) in the MyCommand Name field.
Select Step-by-Step as the Command Type
Choose New Step - Keystrokes; click Insert.
Click Ctrl + C; click OK
Choose New Step - Open (application)
Find Opera (
... See more
As a demonstration of the kind of things you can do, here's a custom command for looking up a word in an external online dictionary (Multitran) via the Opera browser:

Right-click the mic icon - Tools - Add New Command
Put "Multitran" (or whatever you want to say) in the MyCommand Name field.
Select Step-by-Step as the Command Type
Click Ctrl + C; click OK
Choose New Step - Open (application)
Find Opera (on my computer, it's at C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe); click OK
Choose New Step - Wait
Specify 2500 milliseconds; click OK
Choose New Step - Type Text; click Insert.
Type multitran.ru; click OK
Click Enter; click OK
Make sure New Step is set to Wait; click Insert.
Specify 2500 milliseconds; click OK
Make sure New Step is set to Keystrokes; click Insert.
Click Ctrl + V; click OK
Make sure New Step is set to Keystrokes; click Insert.
Click Enter; click OK
Click Save

Then, with Opera already open and the mic on, highlight the word or phrase you want and say whatever you put in the MyCommand Name field.

If you want, add multiple wait steps at the end, plus a Keystrokes Ctrl + W to close the window.

[Edited at 2016-10-26 19:50 GMT]
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Alistair! Oct 26, 2016

Yes, I've already started creating voice commands for DVX3, but instead of in Dragon I usually use KnowBrainer 2017 (which I highly recommend to anyone into voice scripting; you can even create the voice commands themselves … by voice. Just say "code", and KnowBrainer will automatically interpret (and type) what you say next as code. They even patented the idea.). Here is mine, which allows me to select anything, anywhere, and say "Google search", which will automagically (and instantly) launc... See more
Yes, I've already started creating voice commands for DVX3, but instead of in Dragon I usually use KnowBrainer 2017 (which I highly recommend to anyone into voice scripting; you can even create the voice commands themselves … by voice. Just say "code", and KnowBrainer will automatically interpret (and type) what you say next as code. They even patented the idea.). Here is mine, which allows me to select anything, anywhere, and say "Google search", which will automagically (and instantly) launch my selection in Google in a Chrome tab!

Capture

And here's the code, if anyone reading this has KnowBrainer:

Sub Main
SendKeys "^c",1
Wait .2
x=Clipboard
x=Replace(x," ","%20")
ShellExecute "http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&q="" & x & "%22"
End Sub

Michael
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I solved it this way... Oct 26, 2016

Selcuk Akyuz wrote:

Michael

Unfortunately, it is not available. You can open any single file or all files.

(That said, I will test SQL filtering to display segments from selected files only, never tested it before so please hold on.)

Another possible method is export those 5 files in xlf format and create a new project with them.

---------------
yes, you can use an SQL filter, e.g.

FileID = 1 OR FileID = 2

You can check file names opening the DVX project in MS Access, see the table named Files.

Other (more user friendly) SQL commands should be feasible, with no need to open Access.

Something like, ID IN (SELECT ID FROM Files WHERE FileName = "*001*")

[Edited at 2016-10-26 18:21 GMT]

Project > Open All Files, then I filtered on "Confirmed Segments".

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Déjà Vu X3 Professional vs Workgroup Oct 26, 2016

Hello!

I'm currently considering buying Déjà Vu Professional X3, and am not 100% certain whether I would want the Workgroup version or not. I don't think so, just wondering if there is anythijg great/useful I might be missing, also re any potential new versions (perhaps) soon to be released. Anyone here have anything to say for or against getting the Workgroup edition, assuming I could afford it. (just checked, and it looks like the Workgroup edition is £1238.40, and this is with
... See more
Hello!

I'm currently considering buying Déjà Vu Professional X3, and am not 100% certain whether I would want the Workgroup version or not. I don't think so, just wondering if there is anythijg great/useful I might be missing, also re any potential new versions (perhaps) soon to be released. Anyone here have anything to say for or against getting the Workgroup edition, assuming I could afford it. (just checked, and it looks like the Workgroup edition is £1238.40, and this is with the discount mentioned @ http://www.proz.com/affiliate_assets/dejavu/buydjv.html … hmm, that's lot of money, and I don't plan to use it for outsourcing stuff, was more interested in the ability to use more than 5 TMs)

I currently own licences for CafeTran, memoQ 2015, and Studio 2015/2017, but was recently pleasantly surprised at how Déjà Vu is currently the only CAT tool to offer 100% Dragon support. Officially, memoQ offers full support too, but I've been fighting with a long-standing bug where it's impossible to have Dragon ON, while using Predictive Typing. Since Dragon is crucial in my daily work, DVX3 is looking extremely interesting.

Michael

[Edited at 2016-10-26 23:00 GMT]
Collapse

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
Pro vs Workgroup Oct 26, 2016

Hello!

I'm currently considering buying Déjà Vu Professional X3, and am not 100% certain whether I would want the Workgroup version or not. I don;t think so, just wondering if there is anythijg great/useful I might be missing, also re any potential new versions (perhaps) soon to be released. Anyone here have anything to say for or against getting the Workgroup edition, assuming I could afford it.

I currently own licences for CafeTran, memoQ 2015, and Studio 2015/2017, but was recently pleasantly surprised at how Déjà Vu is currently the only CAT tool to offer 100% Dragon support. Officially, memoQ offers full support too, but I've been fighting with a long-standing bug where it's impossible to have Dragon ON, while using Predictive Typing. Since Dragon is crucial in my daily work, DVX3 is looking extremely interesting.

Michael

See the comparison here http://www.atril.com/content/compare-our-products

I have the Workgroup version, unlimited number of TM & TB files is a plus for you I think. Export project/files to XLF external view is another plus.

But you can always upgrade your version to Workgroup. Ask Atril for details.

And as for new versions (not talking about free updates, builds), again ask to Atril. If there is a planned DVX4 version to be launched soon, you may be eligible for free upgrade.

CafeTran Training (X)
CafeTran Training (X)
Netherlands
Local time: 06:06
XLIFF Oct 27, 2016

Hi Selcuk, isn't XLIFF export and reimport available in the Pro version too? Cannot check my DVX3 installation at the moment, since I'm doing heavy hands-on field research on location this week.

Well, I know that I always round trip between DVX3 and CafeTran and I know that I downgraded from DVX2 WG to 3 Pro--you just made me question my internal memory.

Selcuk Akyuz
Türkiye
English to Turkish
+ ...
not sure about it Oct 27, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

Hi Selcuk, isn't XLIFF export and reimport available in the Pro version too? Cannot check my DVX3 installation at the moment, since I'm doing heavy hands-on field research on location this week.

Well, I know that I always round trip between DVX3 and CafeTran and I know that I downgraded from DVX2 WG to 3 Pro--you just made me question my internal memory.

I have the Workgroup version only, so I can't check it but on Atril's website
http://www.atril.com/content/compare-our-products

Export project to XLIFF, Satellite, Trados Workbench for Sharing
DVX3 Professional X
DVX3 Workgroup √

Reimport XLIFF or Trados Workbench
DVX3 Professional X
DVX3 Workgroup √

But on this page:
http://www.atril.com/software/déjà-vu-x3-professional

Compatibility
- Compatibility with other CAT tools is ensured with the External View in RTF and XLIFF. Also, Déjà Vu X2 and Déjà Vu X3 are fully compatible between each other without requiring any conversion of projects and databases.

I guess Atril Support will soon visit this page after so many posts and clarify it.

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
xlf export even possible with the PRO version Oct 27, 2016

XLF export has already become possible in the PRO version of DVX3. The only reason for me to consider buying the Workgroup version would be to handle the so-called "satellite projects" in a better way by being able to split segments which one of my clients fails to do so (two, three or even more sentences are put / joined into one segment just by his carelessness or done so by his CMS).
Exported XLF files would not substitute sdlxliff files, but you can easily process sdlxliff files anyway
... See more
XLF export has already become possible in the PRO version of DVX3. The only reason for me to consider buying the Workgroup version would be to handle the so-called "satellite projects" in a better way by being able to split segments which one of my clients fails to do so (two, three or even more sentences are put / joined into one segment just by his carelessness or done so by his CMS).
Exported XLF files would not substitute sdlxliff files, but you can easily process sdlxliff files anyway in DV. And, Michael, don´t forget to test the marvellous AutoWrite function! Forget about "AutoSuggest" (Stupidio) or "Muses" (memoCow)...
Collapse

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yup, looks like it Oct 27, 2016

CafeTran Training wrote:

I'm running:

Déjà Vu X3 Professional, Version 9.0.738
Evaluation Mode

And get this:

Capture

And:

Capture2

I haven't tested the reimport yet, but the export works. So far, the main thing that I would really miss (or would I?) is the ability to open an unlimited number of TBs and TMs. Incidentally, when they say "5 max.", do they mean 5 TBs and 5 TMs, or 5 in total?

Michael

Matthias Brombach
Matthias Brombach  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2007)
Dutch to German
+ ...
5 TBs AND 5 TMs Oct 27, 2016

5 TBs and 5 TMs, or 5 in total?

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Phew, thanks! Oct 27, 2016

Matthias Brombach wrote:

5 TBs and 5 TMs, or 5 in total?

Michael

Michael Beijer
United Kingdom
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
a question re DVX3's AutoWrite system Oct 27, 2016

Matthias Brombach wrote:

Exported XLF files would not substitute sdlxliff files, but you can easily process sdlxliff files anyway in DV. And, Michael, don´t forget to test the marvellous AutoWrite function! Forget about "AutoSuggest" (Stupidio) or "Muses" (memoCow)...

Am testing AutoWrite, which has been great so far. I must say, btw, that the one in the latest versions of Studio is very, very good, not sure about memoQ because, as I've said elsewhere, I can never get Predictive Typing to work when Dragon is switched on, which it always is on my computer.

I do have one question already about DVX's AutoWrite system. In SDL Studio, there is this cool thing called MT auto-suggest (it used to be an SDL app, but is now built in), which DVX also has: basically, the tool takes stuff from MT and feeds it to the AutoWrite/AutoSuggest system.

Now, one thing I would like DVX3 to do is suggest both longer phrases from MT, plus shorter bits. So, for example, AutoWrite might suggest:

"In SDL Studio, there is this cool thing called MT auto-suggest"

However, sometimes I just want to take individual words from MT, so I might want to type just grab "SDL Studio" from the above sentence, but can't seem to get the DVX3 AutoWrite system to give me just that, whereas SDL Studio's AutoSuggest system does seem to do so. Or am I missing something? I just tested it again, and it sometimes works in DVX3, but not as much as I wish it would. Meaning: I wish it would consistently offer me entire phrases, plus all of the individual words in these phrases. Hmm, or would this produce too much noise?

[Edited at 2016-10-27 09:13 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New to DVX3. How can I …

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »