Olav Karlsen
Norway
Local time: 15:09
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Any new on the upcoming version? May 30, 2016

[quote]Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

[quote]
Atril know perfectly well that if they have no new version, they need to show it in software fairs or seminars. Sticking to one's guns and staying invisible won't do towards beginners who do not know which tool to choose. Just look at the SDL website. It looks fresh and very professional.
They refer to marketing activities far beyond what Atril has done, and the app plugin work shows that a big user group has been built up. There used to be a substantial user activity on the DV maling list with a lot of tips and workarounds, perhaps Atril should learn from SDL and publish solutions as "apps" to demonstrate that there are users left who can find their way in the system.

finnword1
finnword1
United States
Local time: 10:09
English to Finnish
+ ...
"ghost" mode? May 30, 2016

Never heard of. I have observed US-based industry for quite a while and can't think of one single company that would want the marketplace to know ahead of time what they are working on.

Wojciech_ (X)
Wojciech_ (X)
Poland
English to Polish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Hmmm May 30, 2016

finnword1 wrote:

Never heard of. I have observed US-based industry for quite a while and can't think of one single company that would want the marketplace to know ahead of time what they are working on.

Interesting. Meanwhile in CAT industry, the most successful cats develop their new features according to wishes of the users, working quite closely with them.

Besides, in September I was contacted by someone from Atril and he provided me with a rough list of what they were working on. So the question is NOT what they are working on, but IF they are still working and WHEN roughly we can expect any info.

Oh, never mind, there's no reason to discuss it, I don't think anybody from Atril is reading this, anyway.

[Edited at 2016-05-30 21:46 GMT]

Michael Beijer
Michael Beijer  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 14:09
Member (2009)
Dutch to English
+ ...
resistant to change May 30, 2016

Wojciech Matyszkiewicz wrote:

finnword1 wrote:

Interesting. Meanwhile in CAT industry, the most successful cats develop their new features according to wishes of the users, working quite closely with them.

Besides, in September I was contacted by someone from Atril and he provided me with a rough list of what they were working on. So the question is NOT what they are working on, but IF they are still working and WHEN roughly we can expect any info.

Oh, never mind, there's no reason to discuss it, I don't think anybody from Atril is reading this, anyway.

[Edited at 2016-05-30 21:46 GMT]

Indeed: there is no reason to discuss it, or to get worked up about it, as (in my experience), DVX users are a loyal little group, who don't like change.

Michael

Merab Dekano
Merab Dekano  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2014)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Feed marketing machine May 31, 2016

finnword1 wrote:

Why not put a little more effort and release a version that does not need to be replaced every year?

And how do they feed their "marketing machine", then?

finnword1
finnword1
United States
Local time: 10:09
English to Finnish
+ ...
this is a start May 31, 2016

Merab Dekano wrote:

And how do they feed their "marketing machine", then?

Try one of these books:

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=marketing%20for%20dummies

Atril_TEAM
Atril_TEAM
France
Some news! Jun 7, 2016

Dear all,

Over the last few months, we have been mostly working on various improvements to TEAMserver which is our project-platform/online database solution for translation teams working from different sites.
That said, most of our current R&D efforts have been redirected towards making Déjà Vu a high productivity tool: however, these projects are somewhat “classified information”, which is why we haven’t talked much about them. A new version of Déjà Vu will be rele
... See more
Dear all,

Over the last few months, we have been mostly working on various improvements to TEAMserver which is our project-platform/online database solution for translation teams working from different sites.
That said, most of our current R&D efforts have been redirected towards making Déjà Vu a high productivity tool: however, these projects are somewhat “classified information”, which is why we haven’t talked much about them. A new version of Déjà Vu will be released in a near future that integrates all of that.

In the meantime, new features implementation and bug fixes are on their way and the new (free) DVX3 build is coming soon.
We read your feedback and have a wish-list, the most frequently-asked features will be implemented in the next months.

Our new website is coming, and a revamped support/resource platform has been launched.
Should you need any support, I would strongly encourage you to ask there.

We are also in the process of recruiting ambassadors all over the world, and if you are interested, feel free mailing us at [email protected]

Thank you for your comments,
Atril Team
Collapse

Olav Karlsen
Olav Karlsen
Norway
English to Norwegian
+ ...
Communication with users Jun 7, 2016

Atril_TEAM wrote:

Dear all,

That said, most of our current R&D efforts have been redirected towards making Déjà Vu a high productivity tool: however, these projects are somewhat “classified information”, which is why we haven’t talked much about them. A new version of Déjà Vu will be released in a near future that integrates all of that.

In the meantime, new features implementation and bug fixes are on their way and the new (free) DVX3 build is coming soon.
We read your feedback and have a wish-list, the most frequently-asked features will be implemented in the next months.

Our new website is coming, and a revamped support/resource platform has been launched.
Should you need any support, I would strongly encourage you to ask there.

We are also in the process of recruiting ambassadors all over the world, and if you are interested, feel free mailing us at [email protected]

Thank you for your comments,
Atril Team

All this is fine, Atril team.
The frustration aired here shows there is something wrong with the way you communicate with users, I can very well imagine that you are up to your necks with programming work. At the same time there is a business side of the work that has to be looked after. I understand you cannot disclose too many details, but you should find a way to post monthly news, as your website says.
Letting frustration simmer over time could give potential buyers the impression that you do not take customer relations seriously and send them in the direction of the competition.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Pavel Tsvetkov[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Any news on the upcoming version?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »